Allow me to demonstrate some simple equations for how bad-ass can affect a situational analysis.
- Superman+ Braniac's spaceship + Badass= smoldering metal floating in space
- Daredevil + Kingpin + Badass= -12 teeth for Kingpin
- Batman + Scarecrow + Badass= A floor covered in straw and bloody burlap
- Wolverine + 3,000 ninjas + Badass= HOLY CRAP ALL THOSE NINJAS ARE DEAD!
- Blue Beetle + Maxwell Lord = Gaping Head Wound
- Speedball + Civil War = bondage freak
- Alpha Flight + Power Absorbing Mutant = Dead Canadians
So if you're going to analyze the outcomes for actions of superheroics, you need to include Bad-Assity as a fundamental element of your equations. Bad-Ass is the deciding factor between a hero standing triumphantly on a balcony with the moonlight shining through their flowing cape and a hero locked in the trunk of a car with a plastic bag wrapped around their head. It's that important.