Thursday, July 2, 2009

Criminal Organizations of the Marvel Universe: A.I.M.

Advanced Idea Mechanics (or A.I.M. if you prefer) is the weapons manufacturing/techonological terrorism giant of the Marvel Universe. Like most Marvel criminal organizations, they are split into different cells and desire to rule the world. But A.I.M. also wants to make a profit. They sell weapons to both heroes and villains in the Marvel universe. They then use these profits to work towards realizing their dreams of a world dominated by bizarre science.

And like any good organization that serves the public and wants instant recognition for their employees, A.I.M. has an employee uniform. Granted, it's much more advanced than your average McDonald's cap or blue shirt for Best Buy. It's a yellow radiation suit that makes every member of A.I.M. look like a nefarious bee-keeper.

Which brings me to a question I've always had. What is it like to be A.I.M.'s in-house tailor? A.I.M. has to have an in-house tailor. You can't be invoicing out for uniforms if you run an underground illegal weapons manufacturing and fringe science group. People would start to notice that sort of thing after a while and report you to the authorities. So A.I.M. needs an individual specifically tasked with clothing their brilliant and mentally deranged members. Garrish yellow bee-keeper outfits that resist radiation don't sew themselves.

And these outfits would need a lot of work and thought put into them. A.I.M. workers walk around in their personal outfit constantly whether they're fighting Iron Man or lounging in A.I.M.'s mad scientist employee staff room. And I would hope that any garment that is worn so much in so many different circumstances would be fitted to the user. After all, if one is going to make evil schemes dressed like a yellow bee-keeper, one should at least be comfortable.

The tailor of A.I.M. has an important jobs since the tailor's work affects the work performance of hundreds of A.I.M. members on tasks such as designing laser guns with 18 barrels and making a UFO that walks around with spider-like legs. Comfort affects job performance and it is the A.I.M. tailor who helps to decide whether A.I.M. will succeed in taking control of a small Caribbean island or get burned up by repulsor rays. And that's a lot of pressure on a tailor's hand and needle. But it seems like the tailor of A.I.M. is up to the task.
Sometimes...

8 comments:

ELISE said...

Is yellow considered a villainous color? I guess since it's kind of harsh on the eyes....?

Larry Lennhoff said...

I seem to recall a Captain America where an agent of Hydra and an agent of AIM are comparing benefit plans. AIM employees got dental, Hydra didn't. OTOH, I think the chance of getting killed by your boss just because he's angry and needs something to kill is much higher at AIM than at Hydra. All things to consider when deciding where to work ...

Mark said...

I think the very nature of A.I.M.'s "for profit" work makes the organization more capable of providing benefits to its membership network. As for the relative hazards of each institution the very motto of HYDRA seems to imply that everyone is replaceable. More on HYDRA in a future post.

sim so dep said...

The perfect!These articles written too great,they rich contents and data accurately.they are help to me.I expect to see your new share

quality backlinks said...

I've to say, I dont know if its the clashing colors or the bad grammar, however this blog is hideous! I mean, I dont wish to sound like a know-it-all or something, but may you have got presumably put slightly bit more effort into this subject. Its actually attention-grabbing, however you dont characterize it nicely in any respect, man. Anyway, in my language, there are usually not a lot good supply like this.

linkwheel said...

Properly, this is my very first go to in your weblog! We're a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand new initiative in a community throughout the same niche. Your weblog supplied us helpful info to work on. You could have carried out a marvellous job! Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good source like this.

link wheel said...

Assets just like the one you mentioned here will likely be very helpful to me! I'll submit a hyperlink to this page on my blog. I am sure my guests will discover that very useful. Massive thanks for the helpful info i found on Area News Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good source like this.

negocios rentables said...

hello, i would like to read more about this interesting topic beacuase
it is really interesting.