Monday, October 19, 2009

Sub-Mariner Joining X-Men is Metaphor for Disney/Marvel Merger

Now bear with me for a moment...

An experienced, well-known force of nature joins up with a newer group that's getting all the attention right now. And then Namor joins the X-Men. This can't just be a coincidence.

Let's break it down. Namor the Sub-Mariner is a powerful remnant of a bygone age that began in the 1940s. So is Disney. Namor chooses allies based on circumstance. Over the years he's allied himself with the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, the Defenders, Wolverine, and now the X-Men all based on necessity. Namor integrated himself with these groups to improve his effectiveness. Disney is likewise responsible for numerous mergers. In the Disney's time of need, they allied themselves with Pixar to create something greater than either of them could have accomplished alone. That's the very spirit of the Avengers isnt it? Namor and the Avengers joined forces to defeat Attuma and Disney and Pixar teamed up to create Wall-E. Both titanic achievements for sure.

Both Disney and Namor started out in the water and moved out on to land. Namor is an Atlantean and Disney made "Steamboat Willie." Similar aquatic origins at the same time.

Namor and Disney are both characterized by iconic images involving revealing undergarments that expose your junk.


Coincidence? I think not.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Quite possibly the most terrifying picture I have ever seen of Namor.

Shithead said...

So who did the Namor pic - Tom of Finland?

Mark said...

Yeah, that pic was chosen not for any artistic value, but for mere emphasis on the sea kings loins.

linkwheel said...

Unbelievable submit! This could support a number of individuals find out about this matter. Do you need to incorporate video clips along with these? It could undoubtedly help out. Your purpose was spot on and owing to you; I most likely won't have to explain all the pieces to my pals. I can merely direct them here. Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good source like this.

sim so dep said...

Took me time to read all the comments, however I really loved the article. It proved to be very useful to me and I'm positive to all of the commenters here! It's all the time good when you can't only learn, but in addition engaged! I am certain you had joy penning this article. Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good source like this.

link wheel said...

I've to say, I dont know if its the clashing colours or the unhealthy grammar, but this blog is hideous! I imply, I dont want to sound like a know-it-all or something, however may you will have possibly put slightly bit more effort into this subject. Its really interesting, however you dont characterize it properly in any respect, man. Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good source like this.

quality backlinks said...

Properly, that is my very first visit in your weblog! We're a group of volunteers and beginning a brand new initiative in a community within the same niche. Your weblog supplied us useful information to work on. You might have carried out a marvellous job! Anyway, in my language, there are not much good supply like this.

bp claims process said...

Properly, this is bp claims process my very first go to to your weblog! We're a bp claims process gaggle of volunteers and bp claims process starting a brand new initiative in a bp claims process neighborhood throughout the same niche. Your weblog bp claims process provided us helpful info to work on. You bp claims process will have carried out a marvellous job! Anyway, bp claims process in my language, there aren't much good source like this.

buy college term papers said...

they need to create new character. mutant man-mouse, called Mick :D :D it will be funny