Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Libertarian Batman

Via Brad Delong, here is an image from Paul Pope's Elseworlds tale, "The Berlin Batman." Set in 1938, it tells the story of Baruch Wayne, wealthy socialite by day and a masked vigilante by night, who is tasked with recovering an early manuscript of Ludgwig von Mises' Human Action (that had been stolen by the Nazis). Mises was famous for championing laissezs-faire capitalism and influencing the modern libertarian movement.

The Berlin Batman stands as a symbol of hope to free-market thinkers everywhere and an enemy of aggressive government regulators. Incidentally, The Berlin Batman is Ron Paul's favorite superhero.

reprinted from comicmix.com
Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot. They want nothing short of a profligate system of government-run health care. Father, how do I make them afraid?

Yes, father, I shall become a libertarian.

6 comments:

linkwheel said...

Can I make a suggestion? I think youve got something good here. But what if you happen to added a couple links to a page that backs up what youre saying? Or perhaps you could possibly give us something to take a look at, something that might join what youre saying to one thing tangible? Just a suggestion. Anyway, in my language, there will not be much good supply like this.

link wheel said...

Thank you for the wise critique. Me & my neighbour have been making ready to perform a little research about that. We acquired a great e book on that matter from our native library and most books the place not as influensive as your information. I am very glad to see such info which I used to be searching for a protracted time.This made very glad! Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good source like this.

sim so dep said...

I used to be more than happy to search out this site.I wished to thank you for this nice read!! I definitely enjoying each little little bit of it and I've you bookmarked to take a look at new stuff you post. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good supply like this.

quality backlinks said...

I've been attempting to Achieve access to this website for a while. I used to be using IE then after I tried Firefox, it worked simply advantageous? Just needed to carry this to your attention. This is really good blog. I've a bunch myself. I actually admire your design. I do know this is off subject but,did you make this design yourself,or purchase from someplace? Anyway, in my language, there are not a lot good source like this.

bp claims process said...

Great write-up, I am a big bp claims process believer in commenting on bp claims process blogs to help the weblog bp claims process writers know that they?ve added something worthwhile to the bp claims process world wide web! (source roblox-cheats.com). Anyway, in my language, there should not bp claims process much good supply like this.

negocios rentables said...

hello, i would like to read more about this interesting topic beacuase
it is really interesting.